School Improvement through People Development is needed.
As Christian school, SDH would like to be true to our vision, mission and profiles. It will be a continual journey for us to always go back to our vision, mission and profiles and challenge ourselves whether what we do now is aligned with our foundational beliefs.
Professional Development and Curriculum Enrichment team was formed few years ago with the role to work closely, mentoring school leaders for strategic plan for school development. It is our beliefs that when the school leaders and teachers understand the big story of Christian education, there will be creative ideas and performances in each context. Teachers development is crucial for a good school.
Start from 2016, all SDH is the member of Association of Christian School International - Indonesia. Being a member of ACSI will guide SDH to make sure that we are teaching students holistically and give attention to spiritual formation of our students. Further, ACSI will be another accreditation body for SDH to ensure strategic plan for continual improvement.
PDCE Team is one of the ways how Sekolah Dian Harapan improves their schools
Sekolah Dian Harapan will improve their schools in various aspects through the help of PDCE Team. Various Professional Developments are conducted by PDCE team and other expertises to inspire teachers and staffs. PDCE team also develop important foundational resources, such as Curriculum Framework, scope and sequence documents to support curriculum enrichment.
These are some ways how PDCE improves the schools.
- Evaluate the school and its constituents against the profiles and determine actions to align the profiles and the realities
- Negotiate a long term professional development plan for the school community member
- Develop an appraisal process for all employees that clearly links to meaningful professional development plans
- Encourage alignment with the Vision and Mission of SDH in all areas and actions
- Develop essential policy documents that support the development of a Biblical Christian school of excellence
- Principals as Christian leaders
- CCTTs as Biblical Christian Curriculum innovators.
- Administrative personnel who work with integrity and grace.
- Biblical Foundations programs and curriculum.
- Teachers as effective Christian Professionals.
- Parents as knowledgeable and supportive of Christian education.
- Students as Christian culture reformers.
- Pastoral care
- School accreditation standards