On the 10th of October 2018, SDH Kupang held an Earthquake Drill. This drill is held to train all community in SDH Kupang in emergency situation, especially when the earthquake comes. Not only that, this drill aims to help the community to stay alert and responsive to every direction that has been given from the leaders. As we know, in the last few months, there were many regions of our country had been affected by earthquakes, and of course Kupang was one of them. This critical situation has brought SDH Kupang to conduct an earthquake drill. The goal of this drill is for every person in SDH can responsively protect themselves once the earthquake comes.
Down below are the self-protection ways that are conducted in SDH which followed by the all the SDH community:
• Find something hardware to shelter during the earthquakes. For example, under the table, in order to protect heads.
• When the earthquake stops, find a way out (emergency exit) to get out from buildings. Remember to be quickly but regularly in order to avoid undesirable accidents.
• Don’t forget to help each other. Senior students need to help carrying out Kindergarten students.
• Always protect our heads while getting out of the building with hard stuffs like portfolio, printed book, etc.
• After reaching the outside of the building, go to a field far from the building.
By working cooperatively, the Building of SDH Kupang was empty in short times. Every person has worked together and helped each other in following the instructions. We hope that through this drill, SDH Kupang can be ready in emergency situation.