Book Week 2019 SDH Manado
This was culminating activity held at SDH Manado, February 18th 2019. The activities were:
- Making mini book (Grade 1 to 6)
- Art and Craft (Grade 1 to 12)
- Movie time (Grade 3 to 12)
- Multi Genre Writing (Grade 7 to 12)
- Presenting the works; mini book, art and craft, and multi genre writing to parents; to parents (Grade 1 to 12).
The works (mini book and multi genre writing) are based on a classic story of "The Pilgrim's Progress" by John Bunyan.
Book Week itself was held from February 11th until 18th. Along the week, there were many activities involved, including SSR (Sustained Silent Reading), making mini book and making multi genre writing.
This is one of the ways to increase student's literacy skills.
More importantly, through the story of "The Pilgrim's Progress", students can be introduced to Biblical Christian Worldview that will be found richly within the story.
story and video by Bpk. Ryan Oktapratama